Q: Modula-3 / GCC Backend for KSR-1?

haensgen@i43fs1.ira.uka.de (Stefan Haenssgen)
Tue, 6 Sep 1994 21:52:08 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Q: Modula-3 / GCC Backend for KSR-1? haensgen@i43fs1.ira.uka.de (1994-09-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.modula3,comp.parallel,comp.compilers,gnu.gcc.help
From: haensgen@i43fs1.ira.uka.de (Stefan Haenssgen)
To: comp-parallel@uunet.uu.net
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 21:52:08 GMT

Hello world,

I'm looking for an implementation of Modula-3 for the KSR-1 parallel
computer.
Since Modula-3 directly uses the GNU cc's backend, a gcc backend
description for the KSR-1 would be equally helpful.

Modula-3's threads should map well to the KSR's thread library, and
since Modula-3 is freely available, a version for the KSR-1 would
make an excellent parallel program / compiler experimentation
environment (which is exactly what I'm planning to do ;-)

Please send all replies by Email to haenssgen@ira.uka.de - I'll
post a summary if there is enough interest.

Thanks a lot in advance

                Stefan

PS: I want to use the latest version of Modula-3, so taking version 2.x
          and compiling the resulting C code on the KSR is just a last resort.
PPS: Followup to comp.lang.modula3
--
Stefan U. Haenssgen, IPD, Fakultaet fuer Informatik, Email: haenssgen@ira.uka.de
Universitaet Karlsruhe, Postfach 6980 Phone: +49/721/608-3972