Compiler positions available for week ending September 4

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Sat, 10 Sep 1994 01:02:10 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending September 4 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-09-04)
Compiler positions available for week ending September 4 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1994-09-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 1994 01:02:10 GMT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: ercoline@starman.convex.com (Larry Ercoline)
Subject: Job Openings at Convex
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 94 10:47:51 CDT

Convex Computer Corporation is looking for candidates in the following
areas to work in Richardson, Texas (suburb of Dallas).

            Compiler Development - Optimizer Engineer
This person will participate in the design and implementation of the
machine-independent optimizations for our scalable parallel system,
the Exemplar, which is based on the HP PA-RISC architecture.

Specific duties will include enhancing parallelization features, loop
transformations, and scalar optimizations for Fortran, C, and C++.

            Compiler Development - Code Generation Engineer
This person will participate in the design and implementation of the
machine-dependent code generation for our scalable parallel system,
the Exemplar, which is based on the HP PA-RISC architecture.

Specific duties will include enhancing our local and global register
allocation, global instruction scheduling, software pipelining, and cache
prefetching algorithms.

Background Requirements for All Positions

U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency. Hands-on experience in the design
and development of compilers for parallel computer systems. Demonstrable
proficiency in C or C++ programming languages.

M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science with emphasis on parallel processing
and/or compilers, or B.S. with extensive (5+ years) relevant experience.

Desired Experience for All Positions

Familiarity with assembly languages, FORTRAN, and Unix(tm).
Familiarity with scientific and engineering applications.

Special Skills Required for All Positions

We work in a team environment. This requires outstanding oral and written
communication skills. The ability to write clear and concise design documents
and the ability to communicate with other team members is essential.

Interested candidates should email their resume to resumes@convex.com
or FAX 214-497-4626.

-------------------------------

From: ramesh@netcom.com (Ramesh Narayanaswamy)
Subject: JOB POSTING: Senior Software Engineer - Code Generation & Optimization

Zycad Corporation is a leading edge supplier of high speed simulation
tools and software for CAE applications. Our engineering strategy is a
top-down systems approach to manage and simulate a wide spectrum of
complex designs (upto 16,777,216 gates) from the architectural level
through the gate level. Our engineering team is a unique grouping of
Computer Scientists who have implemented software/hardware solutions for
CAE problems.

We have the following immediate opening in our engineering
group -

1. Senior Software Engineer - Code Generation & Optimization

You will apply your expertise in Code Generation & Optimization to work
with our compiler team to implement our compiler for VHDL (An Ada-like
hardware description language). The target machine, ViP, is a special
purpose multicomputer designed to execute VHDL Simulation Efficiently. The
compiler generates machine code for the target architecture. The
sequential code executes on a MIPS instruction set processor.

This position requires an MS in EE/CS with 4+ years experience
developing and delivering Compilers in a UNIX/C environment.
Experience with Code Optimization in a Production RISC compiler is
required.

JOB NUMBER: IN

Please respond to -

                E-MAIL:
                    ramesh@zycad.com

                FAX:
                    510-623-4550
                    attention: Ramesh N., Job <number>

                US MAIL:
                    Zycad Corp
                    47100 Bayside Parkway
                    Fremont
                    CA 94538-9942

From: duca@binah.cc.brandeis.edu (Karen Duca, a.k.a. Rocky)
Subject: Startup Seeks Compiler Writers

We are a small startup company located in the Boston area currently
seeking funding. We are looking for compiler writers/designers who have
some spare time to take part in the development of one of our software
products. We cannot promise eventual employment or immediate payment (buth
this is true for most startups in the initial stages). Please contact me
for more information if you think that you might be interested in getting
involved in a company from the very beginning to who knows where...

Reply to sender or to:
James Prater
prater@auriga.rose.brandeis.edu
jprater@mecn.mass.edu

-------------------------------

From: schick@StarConn.com (Debra A. Schick)
Subject: International QA Engineer position - South Bay Area

Baldwin Forrester & Co., a nationwide recruiting firm specializing in the
placement of software engineering professionals, is currently looking for
International QA Engineers for a software development company located in
the South Bay Area.

QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: BSCS or equivalent
Experience: Candidate must have 2-4 years QA experience, knowledge of
international issues, substantial knowledge of and experience in C++
programming, white box testing and an overall strong sense of quality
assurance. Must be self-motivated and have excellent communication
skills. Proficiency in French and/or German desirable.

Quality assurance of localized Windows product, design and development
of test suites, testing for international enabling and localization of
product, collect and verify bug reports, testing user interfaces for
correct and complete translation.

If you are interested in the above position, please contact Victoria
Sprague or Debra Schick at (415) 896-2929 or fax resume to (415)
882-4229.