Looking for COBOL specifications

Paul Robinson <tdarcos@access.digex.net>
Tue, 23 Aug 1994 10:34:49 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for COBOL specifications tdarcos@access.digex.net (Paul Robinson) (1994-08-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Paul Robinson <tdarcos@access.digex.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 10:34:49 GMT

I am looking to find copies of either old COBOL manuals someone might have
for any COBOL compiler or the specifications part of any current COBOL
compiler they are using now.

What I am looking for specifically in the manual is the list of all the
reserved words for that compiler as well as what verbs and COBOL
statements it took. Most COBOL manuals print both of
these in a list in a couple of appendixes.

I can either use the manual or the 10-12 pages that covers this. If
someone has an old manual they don't mind giving up (or making photocopies
of the handful of pages) let me know. I am willing to pay postage on the
cost of mailing and reasonable photocopying costs for the pages in
question. (If I could afford it I'd simply pay the $20 each manual probably
costs, but I can't.)

I am trying to assemble a list of as many of the different COBOL verbs
and options as I can find. This is for my own personal reference in
assembling the list.

Any assistance in this manner would be helpful. Thank you,

Paul Robinson <TDARCOS@ACCESS.DIGEX.NET>

PS: If the costs of mailing 10 pages of photocopies isn't an issue, then
anyone willing to mail me their pages, my address is:

Paul Robinson
8604 Second Ave #104
Silver Spring MD 20910

If you do, let me know so I know who to thank.