Re: COBOL test suite

rfg@netcom.com (Ronald F. Guilmette)
Sun, 31 Jul 1994 18:34:37 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COBOL test suite climber@rio.myra.com (1994-07-28)
Re: COBOL test suite rfg@netcom.com (1994-07-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,alt.cobol
From: rfg@netcom.com (Ronald F. Guilmette)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 1994 18:34:37 GMT

climber@rio.myra.com (Craig Limber) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a COBOL compiler test suite?

I received the following information several years ago (circa 1987) from
the National Technical Information Service (NTIS):

      COBOL Compiler Validation System
      PB86-173978
      Price: $1,800

CCVS 1985 is comprized of a series of audit routines maintained in
      a system-independent source program library on magnetic tape. The pro-
      grams are designed in such a way that all implementors names are pre-
      sented in encoded mnemonics. The executive routine provided with the
      CCVS replaces these mnemonics with information provided by the user at
      the time the source programs are extracted from the program library,
      resulting in syntactically correct programs for a given compiler. CCVS
      85 is comprised of eleven functional modules, most of which are divided
      into level 1 and level 2. It is possible to test any combination of
      levels and modules of Federal Standard COBOL. The routines can be
      selected either by individual module or by a level within a module.
      The package contains one reel of magnatic tape and a User Guide.

Contact/ordering information for NTIS is (well, was... in 1987) as follows:

U.S. Department of Commerce
National Technical Information Service
5285 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22161