DOS batch to Unix shell translator?

Stephen Darlington <Stephen.Darlington@durham.ac.uk>
Thu, 21 Jul 1994 11:50:52 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
DOS batch to Unix shell translator? Stephen.Darlington@durham.ac.uk (Stephen Darlington) (1994-07-21)
Re: DOS batch to Unix shell translator? bradh@lacewing.cs.uq.oz.au (1994-07-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Stephen Darlington <Stephen.Darlington@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 11:50:52 GMT

I am writing a program that will convert DOS batch files to UNIX shell
scripts and back. To do this, I will need to write some kind of compiler.
Any inforemation anyone could give me would be greatfully recieved. I am
particularly interested to know whether lex and yacc files for a UNIX
shell or even DOS exist.

Response by e-mail prefered (I'm less likely to press the wrong key!!).
Thanks.

Steve (stephen.darlington@dur.ac.uk)
[I suspect that you'll find the supporting programs, e.g. grep, more of a
challenge to translate than the shell syntax. -John]