equation to Fortran lex/yacc translator query

gillam@aero.org (April Gillam)
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 14:52:16 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
equation to Fortran lex/yacc translator query gillam@aero.org (1994-07-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: gillam@aero.org (April Gillam)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 14:52:16 GMT

Hi. I want to translate a bunch of equations into Fortran code. I was
given a lex/yacc parser that someone wrote to evaluate the equations.
I want to use that parser from which to generate Fortran code. I am
planning on building a parse tree in yacc (via a linked list??) and
then, build a parse tree traverser that does the translation into
Fortran. At least that is the concept. I'm new to this whole area so
I'd like some feedback, or if someone knows of some relevant PD code
or an example, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
- April Gillam
[See the FAQ for a list of books on lex and yacc. -John]