Compiler Generator Inquiry

jansenpg@prl.philips.nl (P.G. Jansen)
Fri, 8 Jul 1994 15:28:33 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler Generator Inquiry jansenpg@prl.philips.nl (1994-07-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: jansenpg@prl.philips.nl (P.G. Jansen)
Originator: jansenpg@prl.philips.nl
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 15:28:33 GMT

About a month ago, I asked you via this newsgroup to let me know what
compiler generator(s) you are using at the moment. I got nearly 100
answers until now. In order to make the overview more professional, I
would like to have more answers. So, if you are reading this post and you
use some compiler generator, please let me know!!

The results until now are:

  1. ELI System
  2. Yacc
  3. Flex
  4. Lex
  5. Bison
  6. Yacc++
  7. BYacc
  8. PCCTS
  9. GMD/Cocktail
10. Elegant

At the beginning of August, I will report the final results via this
newsgroup. If you are interested in a document version of the final
results, let me know. The document version will also contain an overview
of remarks made by the contributors of this inquiry (e.g. why Flex is
preferred to Lex).

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Paul Jansen
Philips Research Laboratories