CFP: High Performance Functional Computing (Denver, Apr 95)

patmiller@llnl.gov (Patrick Miller)
Thu, 23 Jun 1994 22:09:13 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
CFP: High Performance Functional Computing (Denver, Apr 95) patmiller@llnl.gov (1994-06-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: patmiller@llnl.gov (Patrick Miller)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 22:09:13 GMT

Announcement and Call for Papers

Conference on High Performance Functional Computing

Denver, Co

April 9-11, 1995

Sponsored by

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
(US Department of Energy)

Co-sponsored by

Colorado State University

Chairs

John Feo (Livermore)

Rod Oldehoeft (Colorado State)

Functional computing has proven to be an efficient and workable paradigm
for extracting high performance and enhancing portability in parallel
programs. We are interested in the current state of the art and future
research directions which emphasize high performance computing and its
application to real-world problems. We can position functional computing
as the best choice for exploiting parallelism on existing and future
platforms for the rest of this and the next century.

To provide for the future of functional computing, we must investigate
areas such as the incorporation of object-oriented features into a hybrid
programming paradigm and efficient utilization of architectural features
of massively parallel, distributed memory, communications-bound and
multi-threaded platforms. These topics are just a few of the many
research areas that will provide the next steps in the evolution of
functional computing.

                                                              CALL FOR PAPERS

We invite submissions of papers and posters from interested parties.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to) the following:

* languages
* compilers
* debuggers
* programming tools
* multithreaded architectures
* applications

Deadlines:

December 1, 1994 - Abstract Deadline
Extended abstracts of five to ten pages in length. Abstracts
for posters may be shorter.

January 15, 1995 - Acceptance Notification
Acceptance letters send out to authors. Formatting guidelines
for the final submission will be supplied along with the
acceptance notice.

February 21, 1995 - Final Deadline
Camera-ready copy of final paper. Published proceedings will
be available at the conference.

Send abstracts and final paper to:

John Feo
High Performance Functional Computing
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
P.O. Box 808, L-306
Livermore, CA 94551

FAX: (510) 423-8520
Voice: (510) 422-6389

Electronic submission of abstract and/or final copy in TeX, LaTeX, Microsoft
WORD or postscript format is acceptable and encouraged.

Electronic correspondence may be directed to:
John Feo (feo@diego.LLNL.GOV)
Tom DeBoni (deboni@diego.LLNL.GOV)
Patrick Miller (patmiller@LLNL.GOV)

                                          Accommodations and Transportation

A follow-up announcement will have further information on these matters.