Help sought about conferences

pager@uhunix2.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (David Pager)
Mon, 13 Jun 1994 00:54:58 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help sought about conferences pager@uhunix2.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (1994-06-13)
Re: Help sought about conferences preston@noel.cs.rice.edu (1994-06-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: pager@uhunix2.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (David Pager)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 00:54:58 GMT

I would be grateful for any information (preferably via email)
about conferences which accept papers on compilers or computer
languages. I'm interested in learning both about specific
conferences covering these areas, and about general computer
science conferences which would also accept such papers.

How can one keep oneself posted about forthcomming conferences of
the above kinds? The newsgroup NEWS.ANNOUNCE.CONFERENCES is very
patchy in these areas. Here in Hawaii we get the journals US
Meetings and World Meetings so late that the deadline for paper
submission is often past. I subscribe to an email group which
disseminates news items of interest to the data base community.
These include numerous conference announcements (few of which
appear in NEWS.ANNOUNCE.CONFERENCES). Is there anything similar
on compiler theory or computer languages?

                            David Pager
                            Pager@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu