Scanner/Parser Generator Refs sought

fischer@cs.wisc.edu (Charles Fischer)
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 19:34:39 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Scanner/Parser Generator Refs sought fischer@cs.wisc.edu (1994-06-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: fischer@cs.wisc.edu (Charles Fischer)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 19:34:39 GMT

I'm currently revising "Crafting a Compiler with C."
In the scanning and parsing chapters I want to include
references to MAJOR scanner and parser generators in
addition to the widely-known ones (Lex,Flex,Yacc,Bison).
Generators for languages other than C (like Ada, ML, Scheme, etc),
and systems other than Unix (especially MacOS and DOS/Windows)
are also of interest.

If you'd like to suggest your favorite generator, please EMAIL
me at fischer@cs.wisc.edu. Mention the name of the tool, why
you think it ought to be mentioned in a text book, and a good
reference for it.

Thanks in advance.
--
Charles Fischer