Readers wanted for paper on YACC/Lex/C++ compiler construction

Bruce Hahne <bruce@jise.isl.melco.co.jp>
Tue, 31 May 1994 05:38:02 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Readers wanted for paper on YACC/Lex/C++ compiler construction bruce@jise.isl.melco.co.jp (Bruce Hahne) (1994-05-31)
An object oriented universal syntax check: what should I do? china@bernina.ethz.ch (1994-06-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Bruce Hahne <bruce@jise.isl.melco.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 31 May 1994 05:38:02 GMT

I'm looking for a few people who would be willing to read and comment on a
paper which I plan to formally submit to ACM SIGPLAN Notices in the near
future. (I've already been in touch with SIGPLAN's editor and he seems
fairly positive on printing it.) The title is "Using YACC and Lex with
C++" and is a hands-on overview of some compiler design techniques which
are possible if you switch from C to C++ when using YACC and Lex. This is
my first publication in compiler design, so before the paper goes out for
the entire world to see I'd like a few other people to let me know if
there are any fatal flaws, gaping holes in logic, horrible C++ programming
practices, that sort of thing. :)

Readers should have experience with Lex, YACC, C, C++, and compiler
design, and should be willing to read the paper within a week or two and
send me a brief amount of feedback. The paper is 10 pages long, with about
3 of those pages dedicated to a full example YACC/C++ specification which
uses the techniques described in the paper. I can email out LaTeX source,
the dvi file, or Postscript.

If you could help out (and would be interested in reading the paper at
least a few months before it makes SIGPLAN), please let me know!

Thanks,
Bruce Hahne
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Computer & Information Systems Laboratory
bruce@jise.isl.melco.co.jp