Tree analysis for C programs.

Anne Trotin <atrotin@aigle.saclay.cea.fr>
Fri, 20 May 1994 08:37:20 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tree analysis for C programs. atrotin@aigle.saclay.cea.fr (Anne Trotin) (1994-05-20)
Re: Tree analysis for C programs. larryr@pa.dec.com) (1994-05-20)
Re: Tree analysis for C programs. drh@hart.princeton.edu (1994-05-22)
Re: Tree analysis for C programs. sakharov@petersburg.mot.com (1994-05-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Anne Trotin <atrotin@aigle.saclay.cea.fr>
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 08:37:20 GMT

I need to make a tree of (big) C-ANSI programs for some further
formal controls such as invariant properties in loops for instance.
I'd like that tree to be built according to a C parser, and I'd also
like to achieve semantic analyses in order to generate nodes for
'cast' when necessary. Such things must have been done somewhere for
compilers... I've had a look at GCC, but it seems to be much too
complex for what I want to do. Furthermore, many optimizations are
achieved, the tree built during parsing is only done
statement-by-statement and then freed, and, more important, it is not
built for control structures such as loops or conditional expressions
(if...).

If somebody can give me pointers to simple C-analyzers, or perhaps to
very old compilers (without any kind of optimization), or even only
advice... I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Anne TROTIN. 'atrotin@aigle.saclay.cea.fr'