Re: Looking for Fine Grained Parallel Compiler Refs

kamal@cse.iitb.ernet.in (Kamal Prasad)
Sat, 30 Apr 1994 13:08:07 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for Fine Grained Parallel Compiler Refs mhopper@eecom.gatech.edu (1994-04-21)
Re: Looking for Fine Grained Parallel Compiler Refs kamal@cse.iitb.ernet.in (1994-04-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: kamal@cse.iitb.ernet.in (Kamal Prasad)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 1994 13:08:07 GMT

Michael A. Hopper (mhopper@eecom.gatech.edu) wrote:
: I am looking for papers on parallelizing compilers for fine grain message
: passing computer architectures. I am interested in the exploitation of
: fine/medium grained parallelism (this may be called task level
: parallelism, it is just above instruction level parallelism).

The parallelizing compilers that exist can be considered as
consisting of a front-end:-
This extracts parallelism without bothering about m/c characteristics.
and a back-end:-
This takes the inter-mediate form (of parallel code) and
generates parallel code which will execute optimally on the target h/w.
The standard techniques can be used for the m/c described by you without
any problem.
One good book that contains references to most papers is:-
Supercompilers for parallel and vector supercomputers.
-Hans Zima
Another recently published by Kluwer publishers is:-
Resturcturing compilers for Parallel computers.
-Utpal Banerjee.
The same author has also published another book on:-
Data dependence analysis
-Publishers=Kluwer.
Hope that helps.
Regards