dispatch performance

graham@pact.srf.ac.uk (Graham Matthews)
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 10:19:46 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
dispatch performance graham@pact.srf.ac.uk (1994-04-08)
Re: dispatch performance hoelzle@xenon.stanford.edu (1994-04-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: graham@pact.srf.ac.uk (Graham Matthews)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 10:19:46 GMT

I was reading one of the SELF papers and came across the notion of MiMS,
Millions of Messages per Second, as a measure of the efficiency of an
object oriented language. I was wondering if anyone knew any typical
dispatch performance figures for multiple dispatch (multi-method) object
oriented languages such as CLOS. Obviously the dispatch performance
depends on the number of arguments involved in the dispatch, but even
figures for a single argument function would be helpful.

graham