Alias computation?

krinke@infbsps4.cs.tu-bs.de (Jens Krinke)
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 10:23:10 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Alias computation? krinke@infbsps4.cs.tu-bs.de (1994-04-08)
Re: Alias computation? preston@noel.cs.rice.edu (1994-04-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: krinke@infbsps4.cs.tu-bs.de (Jens Krinke)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 10:23:10 GMT

Hi,

I am working on data flow anomaly analysis. Therefore I need to compute
the alias relations for general nested procedures. I chose the method of
Cooper and Kennedy from: Fast interprocedural alias analysis, Sixteenth
ACM Symposium on Principles Of Programming Languages, 1989. However, I
think the adaptation to general nesting is wrong, the method is ignoring
aliases between two formals of different procedures under some
circumstances.

Has anybody tried to use the methods for general nesting?

Probably, I have to use a different mechanism, so can anybody suggest
one? It has to be more precise than Banning's method.

Thanks,
Jens Krinke

--
Jens Krinke (krinke@ips.cs.tu-bs.de)