Re: Pointer alias analysis?

Joseph Edward Hummel <jhummel@cy4.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 18:52:41 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Pointer alias analysis? sesha@chanakya.csa.iisc.ernet.in (R Seshadri) (1994-02-05)
Re: Pointer alias analysis? jhummel@cy4.ICS.UCI.EDU (Joseph Edward Hummel) (1994-02-07)
Re: Pointer alias analysis? jhummel@cy4.ICS.UCI.EDU (Joseph Edward Hummel) (1994-02-08)
Re: Pointer alias analysis? donawa@bnr.ca (chris (c.d.) donawa) (1994-02-09)
Re: Pointer alias analysis? mehrotra@csrd.uiuc.edu (1994-02-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Joseph Edward Hummel <jhummel@cy4.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 18:52:41 GMT

R Seshadri <sesha@chanakya.csa.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:
>I am doing aliasing analysis on language C and Fortran 90 as part of my
>M.E thesis. Most of the aliasing analysis I have seen does not take care
>of pointers to array locations.

      In a previous post I mentioned some references that I thought might be
relevant. I have since learned of another that is directly applicable to
the original post, and is a good read about practical issues (reasonable
implementations, successes, and pitfalls) in optimizing C with pointers to
arrays. Thought I'd pass it on,

    - joe

@Conference{AJ88,
        AUTHOR = "R. Allen and S. Johnson",
        TITLE = "Compiling C for Vectorization, Parallelization, and Inline
                          Expansion",
        Booktitle = "Proceedings of the 1988 {ACM} Conference on Programming
                                  Language Design and Implementation",
        PAGES = "241--249",
        YEAR = "June 1988"
}