Re: Does anyone have a source-to-source transformer for C

bwilson@mystery.stanford.edu (Bob Wilson)
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 21:34:35 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Does anyone have a source-to-source transformer for C nandu@vela.iisc.ernet.edu (1994-01-24)
Re: Does anyone have a source-to-source transformer for C bwilson@mystery.stanford.edu (1994-01-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: bwilson@mystery.stanford.edu (Bob Wilson)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 21:34:35 GMT

K.S. Nandakumar wrote:
> Does anyone know of a translator/compiler for C where i can have the
> intermediate representation converted back to C source codee after
> some transformations to the IR? I need this for my research purposes.
> It would be preferable to have the IR to be a tree.

The Stanford SUIF compiler does just what you want. We have an ANSI C
front end (derived from lcc) that produces SUIF files. The SUIF IR
provides both ASTs and expression trees, as well as linearized three-
operand instructions. Our SUIF-to-C translator is not yet very robust but
that will be fixed soon. We are planning to release the SUIF system for
research and other non-commercial uses sometime in the next few months.
More details will be available at that time.

--Bob (bwilson@shasta.stanford.edu)