Re: SQL---Parse Tree Generator needed

rts@cs.arizona.edu (Rick Snodgrass)
Tue, 4 Jan 1994 23:09:07 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SQL---Parse Tree Generator needed kaufmann@inf.ethz.ch (1993-12-28)
Re: SQL---Parse Tree Generator needed rts@cs.arizona.edu (1994-01-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: rts@cs.arizona.edu (Rick Snodgrass)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 1994 23:09:07 GMT

|> I have found the LEX/YACC grammar for SQL a while ago. I am now wondering
|> if anyone has enriched such a grammar by semantic actions producing a
|> parse tree of a given statement?

The MultiCal System (available in tsql/multical on FTP.cs.arizona.edu)
includes just such an animal. The resulting parse tree is an ASCII file
that can be viewed using the tools available in the Scorpion System (found
in the scorpion directory at the same FTP site). See the README files in
these directories for more information. Everything is in the public
domain.

Richard Snodgrass Internet: rts@cs.arizona.edu
Associate Professor AT&T: (602) 621-6370
Department of Computer Science FAX: (602) 621-4246
University of Arizona Tucson, AZ 85721