info on giving a compiler course wanted

Peter Knijnenburg <peterk@cs.leidenuniv.nl>
Wed, 1 Dec 1993 16:54:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
info on giving a compiler course wanted peterk@cs.leidenuniv.nl (Peter Knijnenburg) (1993-12-01)
Re: info on giving a compiler course wanted PAUL@TDR.COM (Paul Robinson) (1993-12-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Peter Knijnenburg <peterk@cs.leidenuniv.nl>
Posted-Date: Wed, 1 Dec 93 17:54:00 MET
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1993 16:54:00 GMT

Hi there!

Next Spring semester I'm going to teach a course on compiler construction
at Leiden University. I'm going to use `Compilers: principles, techniques
and tools' by Aho, Sethi and Ullman. Since this is the first time I'm
teaching this course, I would like to ask some questions. There must be
hunderds of people out there who already gave such a course, and I would
like to use their experience.

* First, is there an instructor's manual accompanying the book available?
* Next, is there a collection of solutions to the exercises in the book
    available?

Also, I want to give some fairly difficult programming exercises.

* Does anybody have a small compiler available that can be used for such
    exercises?
* Does anybody have some nice exercises available?

I would greatly appreciate help on these matters.

Regards,

Peter Knijnenburg
peterk@cs.leidenuniv.nl