Re: compilers and OOP

pcwu@csie.nctu.edu.tw (Pei-Chi Wu)
Mon, 1 Nov 1993 06:04:13 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
References to object oriented design of compilers? newton@cs.utexas.edu (1993-10-16)
compilers and OOP prakash@ci.deere.com (1993-10-29)
Re: compilers and OOP pcwu@csie.nctu.edu.tw (1993-11-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: pcwu@csie.nctu.edu.tw (Pei-Chi Wu)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 06:04:13 GMT

Some researchers have done some works on object-orientation or modularity
in Attribute Grammars. Just mention a few: (in alphabetical order)

Farrow, R., and Marlowe, T.J., Yellin, D.M., "Composable Attribute Grammars:
Support for Modularity in Translator Design and Implementation,"
In proceedings of 19th ACM SIPLAN-SIGACT Symp. on Principles
of Programming Languages, 1992, pp. 223-234.

Grosch, J., "Multiple Inheritance in Object-Oriented Attribute Grammars,"
Report No.28, Compiler Generation Project, GMD Karlsruhe, 1992.

Kastens, U. and Waite, W.M., "Modularity and Reusability in Attribute
Grammars," TR CU-CS-613-92, Dept. Computer Science, U. of Colorado,
Boulder, Sept. 1992. (also available in the distribution of Eli system)

Koskimies, K., "Object-Orientation in Attribute Grammars, in Attribute
Grammars," Applications and Systems, LNCS 545, Springer-Verlag,
pp.297-329, 1991.

Our current work can be found from ftp.csie.nctu.edu.tw (140.113.17.166)
in Directory /papers/tech-report/1993
Files: CSIE-93-1003.ps.Z .. CSIE-93-1005.ps.Z

CSIE-93-1003
Title: Integrating Generative and Compositional Techniques
in Compiler Construction.

CSIE-93-1004
Title: A Semantics Specification Method for Compiler Construction.

CSIE-93-1005
Title: A Generalized Model of Remote Access for Attribute Grammars.

Regards,

--
Pei-Chi Wu e-mail: pcwu@csie.nctu.edu.tw
Inst. of C.S.I.E., Nat'l Chiao-Tung Univ.