Looking for 386 simulator

zabel@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU (David Zabel)
Wed, 20 Oct 1993 18:29:10 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for 386 simulator zabel@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU (1993-10-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.arch
From: zabel@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU (David Zabel)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 18:29:10 GMT

Hello,

I'm looking for a simulator for the 386/486 instruction set. What I mean
is a way to run binaries on top of this simulator rather than on top of
the actual hardware. We use Mipsim at UCB, but that emulates the MIPS
R2000/3000 instruction set.

Does anyone know of one? Any help in this direction would be really
great. If I don't find a 386/486 simulator I'm going to have to write
one, so if you have _ANY_ ideas please let me know.

Oh yes...please respond by E-mail as I do not read these groups regularly.

Thanks.

David R. Zabel +1 510 883 9500 Voice
zabel@cory.eecs.berkeley.edu +1 510 486 1905 Fax