Re: When to do inline expansion

rfg@netcom.com (Ronald F. Guilmette)
Sat, 25 Sep 1993 04:40:37 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Re: When to do inline expansion jfc@athena.mit.edu (1993-09-21)
Re: When to do inline expansion jgmorris+@cs.cmu.edu (1993-09-21)
Re: When to do inline expansion jdean@bergen.cs.washington.edu (1993-09-21)
Re: When to do inline expansion salomon@silver.cs.umanitoba.ca (1993-09-22)
Re: When to do inline expansion preston@dawn.cs.rice.edu (1993-09-22)
Re: When to do inline expansion cliffc@rice.edu (1993-09-22)
Re: When to do inline expansion rfg@netcom.com (1993-09-25)
Re: When to do inline expansion ssimmons@convex.com (1993-09-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: rfg@netcom.com (Ronald F. Guilmette)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1993 04:40:37 GMT

preston@dawn.cs.rice.edu (Preston Briggs) writes:
>Sure -- any non-global allocator does this :-) ...

Well... since we're on the subject... I just can't resist getting in a
plug for my favorite symbolic debugging information format.

To folks building compilers which use techniques such as those described
above: Please ask yourself "How are my users going to symbolically debug
optimized code even in those cases where reasonably sophisticated register
allocation techniques have been employed?"

I think there is really only one answer... DWARF (version 2).

(I would be happy to provide the latest industry review draft of the DWARF
V2 spec to anyone who would like a copy. Just ask.)
--