Searching for 6309 cross assembler

tmorris@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Tim Morris)
Wed, 22 Sep 1993 17:28:54 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Searching for 6309 cross assembler tmorris@postoffice.utas.edu.au (1993-09-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: tmorris@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Tim Morris)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1993 17:28:54 GMT

This may be outside the scope of this group, but I can but try. I'm in
desperate need of a 6309 cross assembler for the IBM PC. (The 6309 is a
processor manufactured by Hitachi that contains a superset of the 6809
instruction set). I don't care if it's commercial or public domain or
shareware! I just NEED it (I'll pay!) Even if someone could recommend a
generic assembler that may be loaded with the 6309's instruction set
quickly and easily, I'd be greatful. I'd much rather a bona fide
assembler though - less bugs.

The essential features are:

Minimum label width of 16 characters
No ridiculous source code size limits
Handles simple expressions
Assembles "secret" 6309 instructions

Any replies will be most greatfully received (even if it's just a *hunch*
that one exists, somewhere... I'll find it...)

Thanks,
Tim Morris,
University of Tasmania,
Australia.