Re: Pascal compiler for PC-UNIX needed

Dave Gillespie <synaptx!thymus!daveg@uunet.UU.NET>
Fri, 2 Jul 1993 18:31:37 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Pascal compiler for PC-UNIX needed SAAB_JDT@%GEN@HOBBES.CCA.CR.ROCKWELL.COM (Jon Trantham, 319-395-8892) (1993-07-01)
Re: Pascal compiler for PC-UNIX needed synaptx!thymus!daveg@uunet.UU.NET (Dave Gillespie) (1993-07-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Dave Gillespie <synaptx!thymus!daveg@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1993 18:31:37 GMT

Jon Trantham writes:
> I need a good Pascal compiler for Solaris(preferably) Unix for the PC. If
> anybody is aware of any good ones please let me know.

Some people have used my Pascal to C translator, p2c, along with a C
compiler as a quick-and-easy substitute. P2c is designed mainly to create
readable, maintainable code, but it also works pretty well as a black-box
compiler. It understands a variety of Pascal dialects.

You can get p2c by FTP from csvax.cs.caltech.edu. The GNU project also
now includes it on their Languages tape.

-- Dave