easy LALR code

goer@midway.uchicago.edu (Richard L. Goerwitz)
Tue, 11 May 1993 19:08:46 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
easy LALR code goer@midway.uchicago.edu (1993-05-11)
Re: easy LALR code lmcropa@noah.ericsson.se (1993-05-15)
Re: easy LALR code salomon@silver.cs.umanitoba.ca (1993-05-18)
Re: easy LALR code kjell@cse.ucsc.edu (1993-05-19)
Re: easy LALR code henry@zoo.toronto.edu (1993-05-20)
Re: easy LALR code salomon@silver.cs.umanitoba.ca (1993-05-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: goer@midway.uchicago.edu (Richard L. Goerwitz)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1993 19:08:46 GMT

I've been through part of the Dragon book (yes, this is a beginner's
query), and done both canonical LR, and SLR, table generators. The
LALR algorithm is pretty helter-skelter, though, and I'm not sure
how useful it will be to use the discussion there if a better and
more systematic/clear one exists. Does there exist a good, systematic,
not necessarily theoretical discussion of fast and/or simple LALR table
generation algorithms? (I've looked at the general bibliography for
this newsgroup, and can't determine whether what I'm looking for even
exists.)

--

      -Richard L. Goerwitz goer%midway@uchicago.bitnet
      goer@midway.uchicago.edu rutgers!oddjob!ellis!goer