Code Scheduling for Multi-Issue Machines

psychlo@bagabolts.eecs.umich.edu (John-David Wellman)
Thu, 29 Apr 1993 21:22:27 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Code Scheduling for Multi-Issue Machines psychlo@bagabolts.eecs.umich.edu (1993-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: psychlo@bagabolts.eecs.umich.edu (John-David Wellman)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 21:22:27 GMT

Hi,

    We are working on several projects here, and many of them would benefit
from some insights into the compilation of code for a multi-issue
architecture. We understand that most compiler work is pretty generally
applicable, but there are some issues in the jump from a single-issue
machine to a multiple-issue machine, and yet we are having some difficulty
finding a good set of publications which address these issues. Thus, this
is a general call for either references which discuss the generation of
code schedules for a superscalar or multi-issue machine (and particularly
one which can have more than two instructions issue, and is statically
scheduled), or general insights and knowledge (experiences) about this
subject.

    Thank you for any help you can provide. Please either post or send
email (or both, if you'd like).
---
John-David Wellman -- (psychlo@eecs.umich.edu)
EECS Graduate Research Assistant