Re: Looking for awk compiler

megatest!plethorax!djones@uu4.psi.com (Dave Jones)
Fri, 26 Mar 1993 04:40:37 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for awk compiler ahuang@bach.ece.cmu.edu (Andrew Shao-Chun Huang) (1993-03-16)
Re: Looking for awk compiler joshua@Veritas.COM (1993-03-18)
Re: Looking for awk compiler camcta@taux01.nsc.com (1993-03-22)
SUMMARY: Looking for awk compiler ahuang@bach.ece.cmu.edu (Andrew Shao-Chun Huang) (1993-03-25)
Re: Looking for awk compiler megatest!plethorax!djones@uu4.psi.com (1993-03-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: megatest!plethorax!djones@uu4.psi.com (Dave Jones)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1993 04:40:37 GMT

The poster wanted an AWK-to-C compiler for speed. I want an AWK-to-C
compiler so I can mix and match C and AWK code, re-using the C code I
already have.

Help is on the way. A good C++ class library should be able to do
everything AWK can.

I'm working on it. In fact the message I posted about NFA's is because I'm
writing a quick and dirty reg-exp class to make do with until I can get a
proper one. Suggestions? I know that Tools.h++ has one, but I don't know
if it's worth buying the package just for that and the string class. For
containers I'm definitely going with the Booch Components.