About Cobol Compilers - Info Wanted

TDARCOS@MCIMAIL.COM (Paul Robinson)
Fri, 18 Dec 1992 01:35:46 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
About Cobol Compilers - Info Wanted TDARCOS@MCIMAIL.COM (1992-12-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: TDARCOS@MCIMAIL.COM (Paul Robinson)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1992 01:35:46 GMT

I am interested in COBOL compilers and I'm trying to find out what
features are used on what machines. Even if someone isn't interested in
the creation of one, some of the readers of Compilers might be able to
supply me with information about the particular compilers used on their
system.

One thing I'd like to ask for, especially from people using unusual or
rare computers, is to obtain the list of reserved words and the cobol
structure list for their computer's COBOL compiler so I can see who is
using what.

I'm especially interested in finding if there is anything for the CRAY
series computer, and a few others. NCR, Cyber, Honeywell and AT&T would
be interesting too.

I'll be happy to pay for photocopying and mailing charges, as what I'm
talking about is a 3-page or so list of words which are reserved for that
compiler, and perhaps another 4 or 5 pages of syntax specifications.
These are usually either in the beginning of the COBOL manual or the
appendix.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Paul Robinson -- TDARCOS@MCIMAIL.COM