Re: register optimization

preston@cs.rice.edu (Preston Briggs)
Tue, 27 Oct 1992 18:38:07 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
register optimization depuydt@imec.be (1992-10-26)
Re: register optimization preston@cs.rice.edu (1992-10-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: preston@cs.rice.edu (Preston Briggs)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1992 18:38:07 GMT

depuydt@imec.be writes:
>I am currently writing my PhD thesis and I would like to have some
>pointers to the status of register optimization during code
>generation in optimizing compilers.

<Immodestly> You should see my thesis,
"Register Allocation via Graph Coloring"
<More modestly> It's got a pretty good bibliography.

I can mail paper copies or postscript copies to people who are
interested.

Other recent work includes

title="The Priority-Based Coloring Approach to Register Allocation",
author="Fred C. Chow and John L. Hennessy",
pages="501--536",
journal=toplas,
year=1990,
month=oct,
volume=12,
number=4

title="Probalistic Register Allocation",
author="Todd A. Proebsting and Charles N. Fischer",
pages="300--310",
journal=sigplan notices,
year=1992,
month=july,
volume=27,
number=7,
note=pldi92

title="Register Allocation Across Procedure and Module Boundaries",
author="Vatsa Santhanam and Daryl Odnert",
journal=sigplan,
year=1990,
month=jun,
volume=25,
number=6,
note=pldi90,
pages="28--39"

title="Register Allocation at Link Time",
author="David W. Wall",
journal=sigplan,
year=1986,
month=jul,
volume=21,
number=7,
note=pldi86,
pages="264--275"

title="Register Allocation for Software Pipelined Loops",
author="B. R. Rau and M. Lee and P. P. Tirumalai and M. S. Schlansker",
pages="283--299",
journal=sigplan,
year=1992,
month=july,