Another port of the GMD cocktail to MS-DOS

Josef Grosch <grosch@karlsruhe.gmd.de>
Thu, 1 Oct 1992 16:48:01 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Another port of the GMD cocktail to MS-DOS grosch@karlsruhe.gmd.de (Josef Grosch) (1992-10-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Josef Grosch <grosch@karlsruhe.gmd.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1992 16:48:01 GMT

Another port of the GMD Toolbox for Compiler Construction - also known as
Cocktail (Compiler-Compiler-Toolbox Karlsruhe) - to PCs under MS-DOS is
now available via anonymous ftp.

Thanks to Willem Jan Withagen who made available his port a week ago.

We used DJ Delorie's port of GCC to MS-DOS. His DOS extender (called go32)
is required to run the programs. We made more or less similar changes to
the sources as Willem Jan, therefore the sources should compile and run on
OS/2 as well, although we did not check this. The processor must be
a 386 or up.

File server for the MS-DOS version:

ftp.karlsruhe.gmd.de = 192.76.241.33

/pub/cocktail/dos source directory
/pub/cocktail/dos/lib.zip binaries
/pub/cocktail/dos/bin.zip batch scripts for binaries
/pub/cocktail/doc.me.tar.Z documentation in troff format
/pub/cocktail/doc.ps.tar.Z documentation in postscript format
/pub/cocktail/doc.doc.tar.Z documentation in ascii format

File servers for the UNIX version:

host number directory

ftp.karlsruhe.gmd.de 192.76.241.33 /pub/cocktail
ftp.gmd.de 129.26.8.90 /gmd/cocktail
iraun1.ira.uka.de 129.13.10.90 /pub/programming/cocktail
ftp.rus.uni-stuttgart.de 129.69.1.12 /soft/unix/programming/compilerbau
ftp.th-darmstadt.de 130.83.55.75
/pub/programming/languages/compiler-compiler/cocktail
ftp.eb.ele.tue.nl /pub/src/cocktail
src.doc.ic.ac.uk 146.169.2.1 /languages/tools/gmd
gatekeeper.dec.com /.3/plan/gmd

          Josef Grosch
          GMD Forschungsstelle an der Universitaet Karlsruhe
          Vincenz-Priesznitz-Str. 1
          D-7500 Karlsruhe
          Germany

          Tel: +721-6622-26