xlc for RS6000 -0 flag

jpennell@axion.bt.co.uk (John Pennell)
Tue, 8 Sep 1992 14:35:38 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
xlc for RS6000 -0 flag jpennell@axion.bt.co.uk (1992-09-08)
Re: xlc for RS6000 -0 flag icmv!mtranle%paris@uunet.UU.NET (1992-09-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: jpennell@axion.bt.co.uk (John Pennell)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1992 14:35:38 GMT

Can anyone help?

Are there any known bugs with the optimisation feature on xlc (AIX 3.2).
When compiling on one particular file, the compiler appears to "hang" for
10 minutes. When I inspect memory usage, it shows that AVM is being used
at a very high rate, during the last few minutes, the process is only
slowed by the pagin in and out of memory!

The compilation eventually fails with the message "compilation failed -
out of space" (or something like that). Meanwhile, the server warns it is
low on paging space. Obviously, there is something in this file which
causes the optimiser to fail - I have no idea what it could be. There are
no tight loops - help would be appreciated.

Post or E-Mail.

Jon