A Non-LALR(1) Parser Generator

dan%npt1@uunet.UU.NET (Dan White)
Mon, 3 Aug 1992 13:27:50 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
A Non-LALR(1) Parser Generator dan%npt1@uunet.UU.NET (1992-08-03)
Re: A Non-LALR(1) Parser Generator Peter.Breuer@prg.oxford.ac.uk (1992-08-05)
Re: A Non-LALR(1) Parser Generator bromage@mullauna.cs.mu.oz.au (1992-08-17)
Re: A Non-LALR(1) Parser Generator ejy@hrmsc.att.com (1992-08-18)
Re: A Non-LALR(1) Parser Generator pakstas@idt.unit.no (1992-08-17)
Re: A Non-LALR(1) Parser Generator bromage@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (1992-08-20)
Re: A Non-LALR(1) Parser Generator steveh@psg.com (1992-08-22)

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: dan%npt1@uunet.UU.NET (Dan White)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1992 13:27:50 GMT

      Do you know of any parser generators that will generate parsers for
languages that are not LALR(1)? Specifically, I want to generate a parser
for a language called CMS-2.

      If you don't know of any such parser generators, I would be interested
in any ideas you might have on writing such a parser without doing it
completely from scratch.

    Also, does anyone know where I could get a CMS-2 parser?

Dan White
Logicon, Middletown, RI
dan%npt1@uunet.uu.net
[A common approach is to twist the syntax around until it's LALR, either by
accepting a superset of the legal language and throwing out the bad cases
semantically, or else by using lexical feedback kludges to guide the parser,
typically by passing up special tokens from the lexer. -John]