Re: TTCN and ASN.1 status?

sja@psg.npl.co.uk (Simon Ashford)
Mon, 27 Jul 1992 10:54:43 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
TTCN and ASN.1 status? CHUYU%TWNMOCTL.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU (1992-07-23)
Re: TTCN and ASN.1 status? sja@psg.npl.co.uk (1992-07-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: sja@psg.npl.co.uk (Simon Ashford)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1992 10:54:43 GMT

CHUYU%TWNMOCTL.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU writes:
>Is there any one know about TTCN(Tree and Tabular Combined Notation) and ASN.1
>(Abstract Syntax Notation Number One) current status?

The TTCN standard (ISO 9646-3) has reached IS status, and has been
submitted for publication by ISO; extensions to cover concurrency are also
being progressed (not sure of the status of this)

ISO 8824/8825 - ASN.1 Syntax and Basic Encoding Rules - were published as
International Standards in 1990; extensions to the syntax are also being
worked on (8824/DAM1).

>Is there any source code available from academe or Industry?

ISODE (the ISO Development Environment) contains various ASN.1 based
tools, and is freely available. I don't know of any specific TTCN
compilers currently available.

Here at NPL we have been working on a set of tools aimed at making the
production of TTCN test suites easier, using a new form of the notation
called "Developer's TTCN". This can then be turned into standard TTCN when
needed. I'll send you more details if interested.

Hope that helps.

Simon.