Re: COBOL front-end query

dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (David Lamb)
Fri, 8 May 1992 13:40:47 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COBOL front-end query gdr@CS.UCLA.EDU (1992-05-06)
Re: COBOL front-end query dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (1992-05-08)
Re: COBOL front-end query ggf@saifr00.cfsat.honeywell.com (1992-05-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: alt.cobol,comp.compilers
From: dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (David Lamb)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1992 13:40:47 GMT

A word of caution: there are several (apparently sucessful) COBOL
code-level restructuring tools floating around. A student of mine did a
survey several years ago (cited at the end of this message); a reviewer's
comment leads me to believe there have since been several (many?) more
that I haven't yet had the energy to track down.

David W. Putnam and David Alex Lamb.
"SPRUCE: A Framework for Software Restructuring"
Queen's University Department of Computing and Information Science
External Technical Report ISSN-0836-0227-89-244. February 1989.