Re: Looking for PD C parser/AST generator

u895217@bruny.cc.utas.edu.au (Scott Marshall)
Wed, 22 Apr 1992 02:01:13 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for PD C parser/AST generator masticol@cadenza.rutgers.edu (1992-04-20)
Re: Looking for PD C parser/AST generator u895217@bruny.cc.utas.edu.au (1992-04-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: u895217@bruny.cc.utas.edu.au (Scott Marshall)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1992 02:01:13 GMT

masticol@cadenza.rutgers.edu (Steve Masticola) writes:

>I'm looking for a Lex/Yacc based grammar that will parse C source and
>generate abstract syntax trees (or 3-address code in some intermediate
>language) and symbol tables.

I haven't installed it yet, but I think PCCTS (Purdue Compiler Construction
Tool Set) apparently includes a C parser. It can also create ASTs pretty
easily (according to the manual). Unfortunately, the grammar is not compatible
with Lex/YACC.

Scott.
[PCCTS has a sample C parser that makes parse trees and throws them away,
not a bad place to start if you don't demand pure lex and yacc. -John]