Memory disambiguation using array references in gcc?

cornet@duteca3.et.tudelft.nl (Jan-Pieter Cornet)
Fri, 28 Feb 92 02:34:25 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Memory disambiguation using array references in gcc? cornet@duteca3.et.tudelft.nl (1992-02-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: cornet@duteca3.et.tudelft.nl (Jan-Pieter Cornet)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 92 02:34:25 +0100

For my thesis I will be doing some research into data-dependency analysis,
starting with inter-loop dependency.

I have some algorithms that deal with inter-loop dependencies, but I
need to extract array references from the source. It would be very nice
if this could somehow be integrated into gcc, so I am looking for ways to
get the necessary information out of gcc. I already noticed that the little
memory disambiguation gcc has, does not concern with arrays, only with
structures, so I should probably invest some time in this.

If anyone has any similar experience with gcc, or if anyone can give
me useful information about this (I'm also interested in time estimates),
I'd be very interested to know.

Please send me E-mail, and I'll post a summary if requested.

Thanks,
-- Jan-Pieter
cornet@duteca.et.tudelft.nl