Compiler compilers

nabughaz@thor.ece.uc.edu
Fri, 21 Feb 1992 10:23:52 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler compilers nabughaz@thor.ece.uc.edu (1992-02-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: nabughaz@thor.ece.uc.edu
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1992 10:23:52 GMT

I am currently working on MIMD emulation on SIMD machines. The problem of
instruction set choice is of particular interest to me. In my attempt to
evaluate different instruction sets I'll have to have a set of compilers
to compile simple benchmarking programs to the target instruction sets.
Typical instruction sets have anywhere from seven to twenty instructions.

I am looking for a compiler compiler suitable for this experiment. It
should be relatively easy to modify for different back-ends. Compilation
time is of no importance, however, fairly sophisticated optimization is.
Is anybody aware of any such public domain program?

                                                          Thanks in advance.

--
Nael Abu-Ghazaleh + nabughaz@thor.ece.uc.edu
Computer Architecture Design Lab + abughanb@ucunix.san.uc.edu