Re: Looking for machine readable compiler writing materials?

henry@zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer)
Tue, 7 Jan 1992 17:12:37 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for machine readable compiler writing materials? terry@unx3.ucc.okstate.edu (1992-01-02)
Re: Looking for machine readable compiler writing materials? henry@zoo.toronto.edu (1992-01-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: henry@zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1992 17:12:37 GMT

In article 92-01-009 terry@unx3.ucc.okstate.edu (Terry Klarich) writes:
>...greate if I could get the dragon book on cdrom or tape.
>[It was typeset in troff, but I have no idea whether it's possible to get
>access to the bits. -John]

Normally the bits are *not* available, since illicit copying of machine-
readable forms is (probably correctly) perceived as a threat to book sales.
It would seem reasonable to make some sort of special arrangements for
the blind and near-blind, but I don't know whether any of the technical
publishers has so far been motivated enough to sort out the legal and
technological issues.