References to MC88K compilers?

esswein@kmx.gmd.dbp.de (Dieter Esswein)
Mon, 2 Dec 91 09:59:23 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
References to MC88K compilers? esswein@kmx.gmd.dbp.de (1991-12-02)
Re: References to MC88K compilers? phillip@oakhill.sps.mot.com (1991-12-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: esswein@kmx.gmd.dbp.de (Dieter Esswein)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 91 09:59:23 +0100

Hello,

Does anybody know of published papers on compilers for the MC88K family?
In particular, I am interested in the instruction scheduling technique of
the MC88100 and MC88110 (basic block oriented,
(trace/region/percolation/...) scheduling, also). I possess a paper of
Motorola surveying the MC88110 which mentions an a(lpha) compiler without
any reference or detail on its optimization strategy. Does GCC offer a
backend with instruction scheduling?

Thanks,

      Dieter

Dieter Esswein esswein@kmx.gmd.dbp.de or
GMD FIRST dieter@gmdtub.uucp
Hardenbergplatz 2 (German National Research Center
D-1000 Berlin 12, Germany for Computer Science)