Re: Modula-2 Killer wanted

knosof!derek (Derek M Jones)
Sun, 24 Nov 91 15:46:22 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Modula-2 Killer wanted bosullvn@unix1.tcd.ie (Bryan O'Sullivan) (1991-11-21)
Re: Modula-2 Killer wanted knosof!derek (1991-11-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: knosof!derek (Derek M Jones)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 91 15:46:22 GMT

>I am about to start writing a Modula-2 interpreter which will be used for
>teaching purposes. Assuming that it compiles, I will want to check that it
>is tight enough for my needs. For this, I will need [torture tests]

The British Standards Institution have a suite of tests that they sell as
a Modula 2 validation suite. Of course since the standard has yet to be
finialised this suite has no official standing. BSI Tel +44 908 220908,
ask for Software Quality Assurance.

I believe that Hayes originally had a lot to do with the production of the
tests. Also Atlanta Tech are involved.

derek jones
[Atlanta Tech? Do you mean Georgia Tech? -John]