Re: 960 or 29K Compilers and Development Environment Sought

ejy@hrojr.att.com (Eugene Yurek)
Thu, 14 Nov 91 13:20:58 EST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
960 or 29K Compilers and Development Environment Sought hjones@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (1991-11-13)
Re: 960 or 29K Compilers and Development Environment Sought ejy@hrojr.att.com (1991-11-14)
Re: 960 or 29K Compilers and Development Environment Sought kevins@ishark.intel.com (1991-11-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c
From: ejy@hrojr.att.com (Eugene Yurek)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 91 13:20:58 EST

>From article 91-11-045, by hjones@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Horace B Jones):
>I'm looking for C compilers for the AMD 29000 chip and Intel's 960 processor.

You could wait for version 2.0 of the GNU C compiler. I believe that this
version will support both processors. Other than this, I'd call Intel and
AMD and ask them. I know for a fact that AMD has contracted with Metaware
for both an ANSI C Compiler and a C++ compiler. I know this because I've
used the C Compiler. If you can't find phone numbers, both companies are
based in silicon valley in California. AMD has a hot-line number for
technical questions (I'm sure they'd be happy to answer your questions
about support tools). The AMD hotline number is 1-800-2929AMD. I don't
know any numbers at Intel.

Gene Yurek
ejy@hrojr.att.com