Article about inline code generation

unx.sas.com!disque@mcnc.org (Thomas Disque)
Fri, 08 Nov 91 16:07:19 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Article about inline code generation unx.sas.com!disque@mcnc.org (1991-11-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: unx.sas.com!disque@mcnc.org (Thomas Disque)
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 91 16:07:19 GMT

I've had a few articles published in computer magazines (5, to
be exact), but my personal favorite was never published. The
main thread of the article was describing the 'ideal' code to
be generated in-line for a block move on a variety of different
machines, from the 8-bit 6502 up to the IBM 3090 mainframe. The
article was really an excuse for me to discover assembly language
'tricks' on each of the machines, which was loads of fun.

Would any of you like for me to post the article? If I get enough
it to you.

Tom Disque