Re: Bison/Yacc grammar tool wanted

masticol@dumas.rutgers.edu (Steve Masticola)
5 Nov 91 14:22:38 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Bison/Yacc grammar tool wanted whatis@ucsd.edu (Steve Boswell) (1991-11-03)
Re: Bison/Yacc grammar tool wanted masticol@dumas.rutgers.edu (1991-11-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: masticol@dumas.rutgers.edu (Steve Masticola)
Date: 5 Nov 91 14:22:38 GMT

Steve Boswell writes:
> I'm looking for a tool that will:

> [1] Print a list of rules and line numbers of all rules whose
> subrules have already been printed above. ...

> [2] List all rules used only once, etc. so I could simplify the
> grammar.

What you're looking for is called 'yyref', and was published on
comp.sources.unix. I've fixed a few of the bugs in it and would be
glad to send you a copy of the repaired version (or put it up on the
archive here, if there's enough interest).

If you'd rather have the original, you should be able to get it from
the comp.sources.unix archive on j.cc.purdue.edu in
comp.sources.unix/volume6/v06i051.

Cheers,
- Steve Masticola (masticol@cs.rutgers.edu).