parallelizing compilers

shrid@utdallas.edu (B. Shridharan)
Fri, 18 Oct 91 01:24:48 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
parallelizing compilers shrid@utdallas.edu (1991-10-18)
Dynamic Linking (Summary) mousques@ponder.csci.unt.edu (1991-10-21)
parallelizing compilers nadig@ifi.unizh.ch (1994-03-14)
parallelizing compilers bern@CS.UCLA.EDU (1994-03-25)
Re: parallelizing compilers nadig@ifi.unizh.ch (1994-03-28)
Re: parallelizing compilers bwilson@shasta.stanford.edu (1994-03-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: shrid@utdallas.edu (B. Shridharan)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 91 01:24:48 GMT

Hi netters,
I am a graduate student in UT Dallas. I plan to do my
M.S Thesis in "Parallelizing and Vectorizing codes, and mapping them onto
any specific Parallel Architecture". I have a few directions to proceed
with, and I would like to have the net wisdom regarding them.

1) I plan to develop a loop level (to begin with) source-to-source code
        transformer (SSCT) for FORTRAN-77, using "yacc".
        The SSCT package is supposed to accept output of a dependence
        analysis program and reconvert the code into a parallel version.

        Does any body know if any such tool has already been developed?
        If so, please enlighten me with the details or provide me
        with the e-mail address (if any) to ftp it from.

2) Since I have not built any such tool before, I am not sure of the time
        or complexity involved in it. Can anybody give any hint regarding
        this? (I am a EE major and am not conversant with
        language-grammers etc.)

3) Are there any sites from where I can ftp from, to view some example codes
        in "yacc".

4) Is there any better (simpler) package to build this stuff. { After all my
        aim is to use this package to analyse various aspects of
        transformations and mapping. }

5) Can anyone suggest me some pointers toward a good and simple book to begin
        with.

  Please post your correspondences directly to me (saving some
net bandwidth :=) ).

Many thanks in advance.
--
    shri