Re: PQCC references

horst@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (Horst Hogenkamp)
Thu, 12 Sep 91 11:44:41 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PQCC ref budd@fog.CS.ORST.EDU (Tim Budd) (1991-09-11)
Re: PQCC references horst@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (1991-09-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: horst@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (Horst Hogenkamp)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 91 11:44:41 GMT

In article 91-09-029, budd@fog.CS.ORST.EDU (Tim Budd) writes:
> The other day I needed to reference the old CMU PQCC project.
> What is the ``classic'' reference that overviews the entire project?
> (couldn't find anything in the bibliographics of either aho or fischer).

sorted by date --- good luck

Horst Hogenkamp

:::::::::::: PQCC ::::::::::::

Leverett, Cattel, Hobbs, Newcomer, Reiner, Schatz and Wulf
An Overview of the Production Quality Compiler-Compiler Project
Computer 13(8):38-49
August 1980

Wulf, Barbacci, Brosgol, Cattel, Conradi, Hobbs, Knueven, Leverett, Newcomer,
Reiner, Schatz, Stryker and Turini
Specifications for the Phases of the PQCC
CMU CS Dept.
September 1980

Wulf
PQCC: A Machine-Relative Compiler Technology
IEEE 4th International COMPSAC Conference, Chicago, pp. 24-36
Also available as CMU Tech.Report CMU-CS-80-144
October 1980

Newcomer
PQCC Intermediate Machine Description Language
CMU CS Dept.
July 1981

Leverett
Topics in Code Generation and Register Allocation
CMU-CS-82-130

Wulf and Nori
Delayed Binding in PQCC Generated Compilers
CMU-CS-82-138