68000/10/20 timing data wanted

forsyth@minster.york.ac.uk (C. Forsyth)
Mon, 03 Jun 91 19:08:18 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
68000/10/20 timing data wanted forsyth@minster.york.ac.uk (1991-06-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.arch
From: forsyth@minster.york.ac.uk (C. Forsyth)
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 91 19:08:18 GMT

I should like to have instruction timing data for the Motorola 68010 and
68020 in a machine-readable form suitable for use by a program. Where can I
find it? I realise that caches and pipelines make the figures imprecise;
worst-case figures would probably do for my application.

More generally, which manufacturers provide machine-readable information
about their machines? For instance, many people must have to type in the
instruction code tables for use in compilers, assemblers, and linkers. This
is tedious and error-prone, yet each manufacturer must presumably have done
this once, and could make the tables available in some form for others to
use. Perhaps they all do!

C Forsyth
Department of Computer Science
University of York, England