Optimization papers

johnson@cs.uiuc.edu (Ralph Johnson)
Mon, 13 May 91 19:48:48 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Optimization papers johnson@cs.uiuc.edu (1991-05-13)
re: Optimization papers johnson@cs.uiuc.edu (1991-05-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: johnson@cs.uiuc.edu (Ralph Johnson)
Date: Mon, 13 May 91 19:48:48 GMT

I've got a couple of papers that comp.compilers readers might find
interesting. The first is a paper by Larry Zurawski and me on debugging
optimized code. The second is a paper by Don Roberts and me on an
algorithm for telling whether a register allocator made a mistake.
Postscript versions of these papers are available by anonymous ftp from
st.cs.uiuc.edu, or by a mail-based archive server on the same machine.
The papers are in the files papers/debugging-opt-code.ps and
papers/Auditing-Reg-Alloc.ps.

To get the files by e-mail, send a message with a body that contains

  path yourname@your.internet.address
  send papers/debugging-opt-code.ps
  send papers/Auditing-Reg-Alloc.ps

The "path" command is only needed if the server is not going to be able to
figure out a return address from the message that you send. On the other
hand, it is not very sophisticated, so if your return address is at all
non-standard then you should use it.

The "help" command provides a lot more documentation on the archive
server.

Ralph Johnson -- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign