Re: Restarting lex portably (or flex)

vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (Vern Paxson)
Thu, 21 Feb 91 01:08:28 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Restarting lex portably (or flex) buzzard@eng.umd.edu (1991-02-16)
Re: Restarting lex portably (or flex) vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (1991-02-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (Vern Paxson)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 91 01:08:28 GMT

In article <9102162312.AA03862@pepsi.eng.umd.edu> buzzard@eng.umd.edu (Sean Barrett) writes:
>Is there a way to start lex processing a new file when the
>previous one was *not* processed all the way to end-of-file?
>flex provides yyrestart(FILE *f), but ... is unclear whether
>[it needs to have reached EOF on the previous file first.]

It is not a precondition. I'll correct the documentation with the
next (2.4) release (no time estimate as to when that'll be, yet,
except "summer"). If you have problems with yyrestart() let me know.

Vern

Vern Paxson vern@ee.lbl.gov
Real Time Systems ucbvax!ee.lbl.gov!vern
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (415) 486-7504