Re: Yet Another question about lex/yacc.

bnr-vpa!scheng%bcarh657.bnr.ca (Spencer Cheng)
Fri, 15 Feb 1991 21:01:29 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Yet Another question about lex/yacc. przemek@viewlogic.com (1991-02-15)
Re: Yet Another question about lex/yacc. bnr-vpa!scheng%bcarh657.bnr.ca (1991-02-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.os.msdos.programmer
From: bnr-vpa!scheng%bcarh657.bnr.ca (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 1991 21:01:29 -0500

You can always try FLEX/Bison if you find the table generated by
lex/Yacc is too large for you. I had to port lex/yacc files to a
HP3000 once with only 64K words(?) of addressable memory and the
lex/yacc sucked up too much memory. By replace LEX with flex, the
problem went away....
--

Spencer Cheng scheng@BNR.CA
[Flex code is more compact than lex, but I don't think that Bison code is