structure editors

skoenig@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Sven Koenig)
12 Nov 90 08:17:44 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
structure editors dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (1989-07-04)
Re: structure editors brad@looking.on.ca (1989-07-15)
structure editors skoenig@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (1990-11-12)
Re: structure editors G.Moretti@massey.ac.nz (1990-11-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: skoenig@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Sven Koenig)
Date: 12 Nov 90 08:17:44 GMT

I am trying to survey completed and on-going projects for building
programming language source text editors (structure editors), both of
the template approach variety (like Gandalf or the Cornell Program
Synthesizer) and of the recognizer approach variety (i.e. based on
incremental syntax analysis), and integrating them in a programming
environment. At the same time I am trying to get an overview over
methods for doing incremental syntax analysis and incremental semantic
analysis.

I would like to get an as complete overview as possible. Any pointers
to the literature (in English or German) are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sven (skoenig@cs.cmu.edu)